Fox Sports did their list of the top 20 sports movies of all time. Not just baseball, but other's as well. I don't think it's a very good list. Whoever wrote it is basing more on what it was as a movie, and not how it relates to sports. Which would seem to be the point to me.
20. Million Dollar Baby - good, but not best picture winner.
19. Bloodsport - mandatory viewing for anyone who's ever been in the Army.
18. Best In Show - I liked it, but a 'sports' movie. I love dogs, but a movie about a dog show?
17. Seabiscuit - great movie. How was this not ranked in the top 10?
16. Murder ball - never seen it, but I've heard it's good. I need to find it and watch it.
15. The Bad News Bears - one of the great movies of my childhood. Another top 10 to me.
14. A League Of Their Own - good movie. The only time I've ever like Rosie O'Donnell.
13. Chariots Of Fire - I've seen the first 15 minutes. Don't know if its any good at all.
12. The Karate Kid - bull. This doesn't belong on the list, and not ahead of Seabiscuit.
11. Breaking Away - absolutely fantastic movie.
10. Bull Durham - not top 3? Yeah, who the hell wrote this list? A movie critic or sportswriter?
9. Happy Gilmore - or a college sophomore. I liked this, but over Bull Durham. Please!
8. Hoosiers - not a top 5 movie? Did they pick the names out of a hat?
7. Field Of Dreams - I'm starting to doubt this list.
6. Rudy - good choice for this high. No issues with that.
5. The Natural - what were they thinking? This is one of the hokiest movies ever made.
4. Slap Shot - not #1! They must have let a soccer fan write this column.
3. Caddyshack - sports, not comedies. I'll give it a top 10, but not a top 3.
2. Raging Bull - good choice. Finally got back on track.
1. Rocky - still say Slap Shot, but I'm okay with this.
Some notable omissions:
Bang The Drum Slowly
North Dallas Forty
The Longest Yard
The Hustler (if a dog show can make, so can pool)
Any others I've missed?