Monday, March 9, 2009

Pool B predictions for the WBC - update 1


Well, I screwed this one up. When I was doing my initials predictions, I was going to take Australia over Mexico, but for some reason, convinced myself Mexico would get up for the game, especially being at home. I was wrong. Australia has been the best I've see so far, being that I haven't watched the Cuba game out.

It's almost 5 in the morning, and I'm going to bed. It's 17-7 in the bottom of the 8th, and I'm calling it.

I'm not sure about the Cuba/Australia game yet, but I will take Mexico over South Africa.

I did pick Australia to advance, even if they did lose the first game, so I don't feel as bad.

As a side note, Charly Steiner is a good play-by-play guy.


Actual record: 11 - 2

Predicted record: 10 - 2 - 1

2 comments:

tHeMARksMiTh said...

Whoa, new look. Very Shyster-like.

Anyway, I've watched some of the WBC so far, but only 2 or 3 games. Who seems to be the best teams so far? I really like how the USA is playing, though not happy that Chipper's hurt.

Ron Rollins said...

The US. South Korea and Japan both look good.

I haven't seen the Cuban game yet, but I understand they were good, but it was South Africa.

The Australians really impressed me.

I don't think there is a clear-cut favorite at this point. It remains to be seen how the match ups are for the second round.