Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pool B predictions for the WBC - update 3


Cuba over Australia. This was a good game, if a little sloppy. I guess Fidel call the team and chewed them out. They didn't play that well this game either, with baserunning errors, pitching mistakes and fielding miscues. But their experience shows. A lot of people tend to dismiss the Cubans for not playing top-tier (MLB) teams, and feel they are only AA at best. I disagree. The Cubans are a good team, with a lot of experience. So are the Australians. A lot pinch hit home run won it for the Cubans, but the Australians could have just as easily won the game.


Mexico vs Australia. Wow, what a comeback. I was wrong there. I had Mexico winning the first game, and losing the rematch, not the other way around. I guess it's the luck of the draw with the pools, because the Aussies are to good to be left out. They are better than the Venezuelans and the Dutch, but they have to win, and they didn't.


Cuba vs Mexico. I'll stick with Cuba on this one. Even with all the mistakes and the things that went wrong, they still won the first two games. Mexico hasn't impressed me enough to pick them in this game, but they are better than I thought. Of course, the entire Classic will be home games for Mexico, in Mexico City, San Diego, and Los Angeles. Complain if you want, but it's true. And you know it.



Actual record: 12 - 7

Predicted record: 10 - 4 - 5

No comments: