Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pool D predictions for the WBC - update 2

Puerto Rico over Panama. I said this game could go either way, but Panama forgot to check out the site. Ivan Rodriguez wants a job, and I think he'll have one by the end of the weekend. The score doesn't show it, but it was kind of a walk for Purerto Rico. The Panamanians didn't really look bad to me, but it was more a case of Double A All-Stars up against Major League All Stars. And the Dutch are already laying claim to the title.

By the way, in case you haven't visited ESPN, or watched any of the classic, the Dutch pulled off the greatest upset in the history of baseball. In fact, it has become company policy to mention it every 8 seconds, even if it isn't relevant to the game at hand. It's so amazing that no one was able to predict it. Except for me. Yeah, I'm going t0 get petty about it. Just wait.

Up today, Dominican Republic vs Panama. Right now the Dominican Republic is up 5-0 in the 5th. I had the DR over Panama, so will go with that still.

Record so far: 9 - 1

If I hadn't gotten excited about it, and went with Italy, I would have been perfect so far. But Italy didn't look that bad, and I don't feel bad about the pick. If anyone watched the game, let me know what you think.

No comments: