Thursday, March 19, 2009

Predictions for Pool 2 - update 3


Well, just call me a dumb ass. I guess I was as wrong about the Venezuelans as anyone could be. I have a good friend who used to live in Venezuela, and he told me to believer. But I wouldn't. And I still don't. I don't know how they've done it, but they still haven't done anything to impress me. Except win.



Puerto Rico vs United States. A thrilling, 3-run 9th inning, that featured the worst the Americans have to offer. Bad defense, bad managing, bad pitching, bad hitting. Ugly. We are the Ugly Americans. No way the U.S. deserved to be in the Final over Puerto Rico. But they are. And I don't know how.

U.S. over Puerto Rico




United States vs Venezuela. Winning ugly vs winning uglier. The better looking one won, and it wasn't close. Venezuela, who predicted would be out in teh first round, is a winner going into the Finals. I don't know if it means anything or not, but they actually seem to be playing for national pride, and the entire country is behind them. Not really the same thing from their opponents.

Venezuela over the United States.

No comments: