Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pool B predictions for the WBC - update 2


Mexico vs South Africa. Mexico wins fairly big, but this was to be expected. South Africa didn't really have a chance, and they are still playing for morale victories. South Africa didn't actually do too badly, only trailing 6-3 after 7 innings, but the pen couldn't hold it.

Up today: Cuba vs Australia. I had picked Mexico to be in this game, for some reason, I still don't know why. But after what I saw, I'll take Australia in this game. They looked the best of any team I've seen so far. The main thing about Cuba is that they are missing several top tier players, either due to defection or a fear of defection. And the Australian team has several major leaguers on it. It will be a good game, but I'll take the down under on this one.


Actual record: 12 - 3

Predictive record: 10- 3 - 2

No comments: