Friday, February 13, 2009
My top 11 baseball places to visit
This is just a quick list of my top-11 baseball destinations. In no particular order.
1. Fenway Park - one of the few old ones left.
2. Wrigley Field - same thing
3. Cooperstown - the Hall of Fame
4. Tokyo - the Japanese Hall of Fame
5. Dyersville, Iowa - where Field of Dreams was made
6. Cuba - I want to see a game there. It's a religion as much as anything else.
7. Brooklyn Avenue & 22nd Street - site of the old Municipal Stadium in Kansas City, where I saw my first major league game.
8. Omaha - the College World Series
9. Williamsport - the Little League World Series
10. Hoboken - where Elysian Fields was located, site of the 'first' baseball game played
11. England - the exact spot where baseball was invented. Hah, just kidding.
This is a list of places I haven't been. There are a lot of places I wanted to see, but never quite made it. Yankee Stadium, Tiger Stadium, Comiskey Park, etc. But you can only visit so many plaques.
So that's my list. What is yours?