Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Royster moves into the big time


Korea's 1st foreign manager lands Obama invitation.



I'm not really sure how being a manager in Korea gets you an invitation to the inauguration. I live in the UK and write about baseball and haven't received my invite yet. I would seem to be just as qualified to attend. Hell, I'm over qualified due to my time in the Army.

I don't have any issues with this. If the president-elect wants to invite Jerry Royster to the opening-day ceremonies, go for it. But considering Royster spent his career with the Braves and Padres mostly, and managed the Brewers, I have a hard time seeing him as the "favorite player candidate" for the new president. Unless those 55 games for the White Sox really had an impact.

Whatever, have a good time Jerry. Maybe you can be the new ambassador to South Korea, as well as manager. You're actually over qualified for the job, but don't let that stop you.

No comments: