Monday, January 12, 2009
10 things about hockey and baseball
From a website/blog I found. Here they are:
1. Green: baseball is played on a green field; hockey on white ice.
2. Wrigley, Fenway, Yankee Stadium: name one interesting hockey place.
3. Names: Babe Ruth, Pee Wee Reese, Ernie Banks vs. Wayne Gretzky, Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr.
4. Scoring: single, double, triple, homer vs. "It's a goal!"
5. Teeth: baseball players have them.
6. Season: summer vs. winter (and even when it's not winter they have to freeze the place to have a game).
7. Shrine: Cooperstown vs. ??? (is there such a place?)
8. Word: baseball players all wear a cup, hockey plays for one cup.
9. Instruments: bats and balls vs. sticks and pucks. Symmetry, baby, symmetry.
10. Pace: baseball plays until the boys say it's done; hockey is governed by a clock
I strongly agree with #1, 2, 4, 7, 9 & 10.
I'll be fair and call #3 a push.
I don't want to comment on #5 because I'm from the Ozarks.
#6 & 8, don't really have an opinion.
Anyone have anything to add?