Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Losing my virginity again


As you might be able to tell from the title of this first post, I have an irreverent look at life. If you're going to read here, get used to it.

This post will be up and running by the first of the year, if not sooner. I'm finishing up a few things before I start posting on it. While I have new posts to add, I will also migrate posts from my personal blog over here, after re-editing them and re-writing as needed. If you haven't read my personal blog, and there is no reason you should have, then it will all be new to you, so no worries there.

As far as content, I'm not a news service and won't be posting about trades, or box scores, or particular games. I won't be doing a lot of stuff on Major League Baseball, because, you know, the 1,000,001st blog about MLB just won't get taken seriously. This will be about baseball outside the states, mostly, and how the game is spreading around the globe, how the game is portrayed and viewed in other countries, and posts with snarky comments that I feel like writing something about, when I want to. On occasion, I will add in some essay-type posts about baseball in general and how I see things. Just because I want to and I can.

Because I'm in the United Kingdom, and most people who will read this are in the states, it will be an advantage to all of us. Any posting I will do will be in the morning, my time. I will do 2-3 posts a day , depending on available material. By the time you're up and have had your first cup of coffee, I'll be finished for the day. You can come by one time and see what I've added. That's an advantage over bloggers in the states who are continually updating throughout the day. I won't be doing that, for the most part.

As always, I welcome all comments and suggestions. Mostly, I'm just doing this for myself because I have the time and inclination. I don't expect any readers, and particularly not any kind of following. But if you do stop by, let me know what you think.

No comments: