Thursday, April 22, 2010

Uncle Sam's League

In my never ending quest to find all good things baseball, and military, I am always looking at how baseball and the military have mingled and co-existed throughout the years. After all, I'm retired military and baseball is pretty much my life these days. I have been reading about baseball in World War II at the excellent site, Baseball in Wartime, and have done an interview with Gary Bedingfield just last week. Please go check it out.

As much as I like the history of World War II, for some reason World War I has always held more of a fascination to me. Mabye because it really was supposed to be the war to end all wars. Even though it didn't. I"ve probably read more about The Great War than any other. And of course I've read more about baseball than anything else.

So to my great surprise, I found the blog, Uncle Sam's League, which, as the writer Jim Leeke says, is:

Baseball News from World War I

You kind of have to like the simplicity of it. I do. This goes onto my blog roll and is now mandatory daily reading for me.

If you have an interested in history, World War I, or the history of baseball, I highly recommend you check it out.

1 comment:

charles said...

The blog is good enough I again n again read this.
read more