Saturday, April 18, 2020

The Tournament

I'm not sitting at home all day with nothing to do. I'm still working every day, and putting in as many hours as I did before all this started. But I am sitting home in the evenings and on the weekends, as there really isn't much to do at all. The house is clean, the car is clean, the yard work is done. Even if it wasn't, it's raining, and I don't feel the need to get wet.

As I sit around most evenings and weekends, I get bored, so I play a lot of baseball on Out Of The Park. One of the best simulation games around. I always play the Royals, of course, and have won the last 4 World Series, and I'm only in the 1980 season.

No, it's not fantasy baseball, but it's much better.

I've just upgraded to the 2020 Season, and it's well worth it. It has a lot of different features from when I started 10 years ago, and it's much better.


One of the features it has it that it allows you to run tournaments. You can do teams from any era, any team, any year, and so and so forth. And let  you run historical leagues, or make up you own. So since I'm sitting here with out a lot to do, I thought I might try out a tournament.

This, of course, will be a tournament to figure out which is the greatest team in Kansas City Royal history.  We all think we know, but due to the differences in era's, and type of game played, ball used, stadium, to juice or not to  juice, a team from one year that was great might not have been as good in a different year.

Which team is better? The 1985 team that won the World Series? Or the 2015 that won it all? Is the 1980 runner-up better than the 2014 runner-up? We don't know. But we are going to find out. Because I'm going to run the tournament and we'll see how it goes.

As always when I am doing this, I don't expect a lot of views or comments, but if  you do take a look, don't forget to tell me how I'm getting it all wrong and you know better. I, of course, will respond with kindness and humility, because I will know most of you personally.


No comments: